Embedded Software Architect
Do you want to launch your career in space? Join us! Whether it's working with satellites, developing docking systems, or building science instruments, you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work in challenging space projects. At Redwire, you'll find a welcoming and diverse team where you can learn and grow while having great life-work balance.
As an Embedded Software Architect you will be responsible for the complete embedded software flow within the framework of a satellite equipment or a scientific instrument. You take care of the technical coherence and determine the project approach and software lifecycle. This should be done in close cooperation with the Electronic System Engineer and the project manager. You will start by translating the requirements of the customer into software specifications. You participate in the software design and validation flow by reviewing, challenging and assisting the embedded software design engineer.
You can think conceptual, work out solutions and take decisions. You understand that traceability of the customer requirements through the complete development & test flow is crucial. Maintaining the software documentation & plans in-line with the project phase is part of your daily task. Stand for the overall technical coherence and assist the project team during technical software reviews in front of the (external) customer.
Finally, you will lead the equipment/instrument software level functional and software performance test campaigns and make sure the software component and test results are properly documented.
- Master’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or similar by experience.
- Experience with ESA practices & standards ECSS-E-40/Q-80, hands-on design, development and testing, and embedded computer platforms is an asset.
- Working knowledge of (micro) electronics is an absolute must.
- Familiar with C and/or C++.
- Familiar with FPGA (VHDL) and micro-processor architectures.
- Fluency in English.
- Proactive, creative, enthusiastic, and result-oriented team player with strong planning, organizational, and communication skills.
- Natural problem-solver who is not afraid of getting involved when needed.
Please bear in mind that our company is bound by ITAR regulations, restricting candidates from certain countries or holders of double nationalities.
- You’ll not only get to work in a well-known space company offering flexibility, work-life balance, and an open and friendly working environment, but you will also become one of the privileged engineers that can say some of the hardware they helped built is actually orbiting Earth!
- Possibility of working for space instruments (including application software) or working for space equipment.
- Possibility growth towards a senior/principal embedded software architect (Technical expertise) or Team Lead (Technical Management).